Our members are invited to join us for three days of
training, education and networking.
February 15-17, 2022
· 2022 Conference early registration: $225
· Additional Awards Dinner guest only: $60
· Late registration after Jan. 15, 2022: $250
The Conference Fees Include
· Welcome packages
· Welcome reception
· Two full days of relevant training
· 16 hrs. of CA POST credits (daily sign in required) Course #28002
· Multiple networking opportunities
· Officers of the Year Award Banquet Dinner
· Meet multiple Sponsors/Vendors
· $10,000 in raffle prizes
Schedule of Events
7:00 AM - 1:00 PM:
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM:
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM:
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM:
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM:
8:00 AM – 11:00 AM:
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM:
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM:
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM:
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM:
**Banquet Attire**: Business/Court attire or Business casual are acceptable
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM:
8:00 AM - 12:00 PM:
Christie Wilson Case - presented by Lt. Nuno Tavares, Placer County District Attorney’s Office
· Lt. Nuno Tavares has been in law enforcement since 1995. He is currently a lieutenant with the Placer County District Attorney’s Office, overseeing various units, including cold case homicide, special investigations, fraud and the Special Projects Unit. Prior to joining the ranks of management, Lt. Tavares was assigned to numerous positions, including over ten years on narcotics task forces. He also investigated auto theft, crimes against persons, public assistance fraud and cold-case homicide.
Legal Updates 2022 - presented by Attorney Michael Rains, Rains Lucia Stern St. Phalle & Silver, PC
· Mike Rains has a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude in English Literature from the California State University at Long Beach. Mike, while serving as a police officer in the City of Santa Monica, received a scholarship to attend law school. He earned his Juris Doctorate summa cum laude at Golden West University School of Law. After graduating from law school, he entered the private practice of law, leaving police work in 1980. Mike worked for 18 years at the San Francisco based law firm of Carroll, Burdick & McDonough and founded Rains Lucia Stern, PC in May, 1999. The firm emphasizes the representation of public safety personnel in administrative, disciplinary, civil, criminal and labor-related issues. Mike has over 30 years representing police officers and other high profile clients in civil and criminal litigation.
Operation Redwood - presented by Investigator Roberto Navarro and SuDDA Marisa McKeown, Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office
· Roberto Navarro is an experienced investigator with 16 years in law enforcement. Roberto has participated in hundreds of controlled substance investigations that resulted in the execution of search warrants, cultivation of confidential informants, undercover operations and Title III electronic interceptions (wiretaps). Roberto has been recognized as an expert in the identification and documentation of Hispanic Criminal Street Gangs and Drug Trafficking Organizations (DTO) as criminal organizations as defined by California Penal Code section 186.22. Roberto is currently a Criminal Investigator with the Santa Clara County District Attorney’s Office and has been employed in that capacity since 2015. Roberto is currently assigned to the Crime Strategies Unit and is a Task Force Officer with the FBI Safe Streets Task Force. While at the DA’s Office, he has previously been assigned to the Gang Investigation Unit and the California Witness Relocation and Assistance Program. Prior to his employment with the DA's Office, he was a Deputy Sheriff with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office. Hired in 2005, Roberto had the opportunity to work in the Court Security Division, Patrol Division (uniform patrol and plain clothes assignments), and the Special Operations Division (California Multi-Jurisdiction Methamphetamine Enforcement Team, DEA Task Force and SWAT).
· Marisa McKeown is a Supervising Deputy District Attorney and has been with the DA’s office since 2006. During her years at the DA’s office she supervised Central Felonies and General Felonies before she was chosen to create and lead the office’s Crime Strategies Unit in 2016. The Crime Strategies Unit is an Intelligence-Led Policing and Prosecution Unit and involves large-scale investigative projects with the County’s police agencies. Ms. McKeown was a trial attorney on multiple units in the office, including Gangs and Sexual Assault. During her time at CSU she has spoken across the country about intelligence-led policing and prosecution. In particular, she has trained hundreds of police and prosecutors about gun violence restraining orders and gun-related intelligence, including the importance of ballistic imaging for all seized firearms. She has been recognized and awarded by multiple Law Enforcement Agencies for her work as a Law Enforcement Liaison. Her true love at work is Gang investigations, and outside of work is her two daughters, ages 8 and 10
Chasing Cell Phones - presented by Aaron Edens, San Mateo County Sheriff's Office
· Aaron Edens is a nationally respected author and instructor of cell phone forensics and investigations. Prior to his retirement from law enforcement, he spent several years as an Intelligence Unit Detective assigned to the FBI-Joint Terrorism Task Force. During that time he investigated international terrorism, Southwest Asian organized crime, and major narcotics trafficking. Aaron has been a certified mobile phone examiner since 2005 and has completed over 800 forensic examinations. He has taught mobile phone investigative techniques to thousands of law enforcement officers, analysts, and attorneys.
Home Invasion Series - presented by DDA Brian Donnellan, San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office and Sergeant Mike Bolanos, Burlingame Police Department
· Brian M. Donnellan has been a Deputy District Attorney for the County of San Mateo since January 2005. He has completed 47 trials to jury verdict, including robberies, attempted murder, sexual assault crimes. He was assigned to the felony Domestic Violence team for 4 years and the Gang Prosecution team for 3 years. He retired from the Army Reserve in 2020 after 24 years of service including 13 years as a JAG officer.
· Mike Bolanos is an 11 year law enforcement veteran with the Burlingame Police Department. Sergeant Bolanos has expertise in robbery, vehicle theft and human trafficking investigations. Prior to promotion in 2019, Sergeant Bolanos held several positions, including auto theft and robbery detective, street crimes detective, and gang task force officer. When not at work, Sergeant Bolanos enjoys spending time with his family.
Operation Shattered Glass (Fencing/Money Laundering Case Study) - presented by DDA Kara K. Szkotak, San Mateo County District Attorney’s Office
· Kara K. Szkotak is a Deputy District Attorney at the County of San Mateo where she lives to raid criminal bank accounts and disrupt the ever-increasing flow of serious criminal activity. At present, Kara focuses primarily on prosecuting violent felonies, money laundering, and asset forfeiture. Prior to coming to San Mateo, Kara was an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico and a Deputy District Attorney for the County of Kern. She is licensed to practice in both California and New Mexico.
Only members may register for the conference. If you are an active member, clicking "Register" will prompt you to log-in to complete your conference registration.
If you are not yet a member, you will be directed to apply for membership before registering. You may complete the registration process and wait for membership approval (Approximately 24 Hrs.) Once approved you can continue on to register for the conference. This will allow you to make online payments for both Member Registration and the Conference fees on line.
>>>> REGISTER HERE <<<<
Group Payments are accepted
If you are attending as part of a group and your agency wishes to submit a single payment for multiple registrations, please follow these steps:
1. Each person must be an Active member, log on using their own email address and personal password. Register for the conference online and print their invoice - OR - print and complete this Manual Registration Form for each member. You can include Member fees and Conference fees for each member.
2. All invoices/forms should be collected and submitted to the Agency/Company for payment
3. The person in charge of making the payment should send the invoices to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice. Feel free to email email@example.com for further questions or assistance.
MANUAL REGISTRATION FORM
Registration by "Snail Mail" is also available
If you prefer to complete and mail a paper registration form, and submit your payment via US Mail, please download and print the Manual Registration Form.
(January 15 deadline for mail)
South Chapter: SCRIA, PO Box 1769, Glendora, CA 9174
North Chapter: NCRIA, 1098 Foster City Blvd Suite 106
PMB 803 Foster City, CA 94404
Sponsor / Vendor Information
Sponsoring CRIA or becoming a vendor/exhibitor at our annual conference opens up fantastic opportunities for your company to advertise, build name-recognition, generate leads, build relationships and create future sales through our members and the numerous law enforcement agencies they represent.
Peppermill Resort Hotel
2707 S Virginia St. Reno, NV 89502
Peppermill Reno Resort Hotel presents a fusion of old-world hotel style, service, and aesthetics with contemporary luxury hotel amenities. Each of our hotel rooms and suites feature comfortable accommodations and luxurious bedding with custom-made plush double-pillow-top mattresses and 42" wall-mounted LCD high-def televisions. Providing the best hotel service and amenities is an art that Peppermill Reno's hotel has perfected over 40 years. The hotel holds the AAA Four Diamond rating for hospitality industry excellence, and is voted one of Reno's best resort hotels year after year by leading hospitality and gaming publications.
Conference rate $90
Conference Rate Ends January 22, 2022
Reservations by phone
Make sure to use group code"ACRIA2" if calling in to get a waiver of the $30/day resort fee
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD CONFERENCE FLYER